RICHARD NOCKOWITZ, M.D., President
Dr. Nockowitz started MPP in January, 2009. He believes that successful psychiatric care relies on a solid partnership between doctor and patient. As a pioneer in the field of direct-to-consumer telepsychiatry, Dr. Nockowitz is committed to honesty, communication, and specialty care for each of his patients through the convenience of technology.
Dr. Nockowitz has practiced diagnostics and psychopharmacology for the last twenty six years, and his credentials and experience include:
- Bachelors degree in biology and psychology from Brandeis University
- Doctor of Medicine degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Internship, Psychiatry Residency, and Consultation Psychiatry/Psychosomatic Fellowship at Harvard Medical School’s Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chief of Consultation Psychiatry, Emergency Psychiatry, and Director of Psychiatric Education at The Ohio State University
- Medical Director, Psychiatry, AmWell, and designed their collaborative care model.
- Author (published book chapters on depression and suicide, psychopharmacology, psychiatric emergencies, and patient compliance)
- National Speaker, psychiatric conditions and medications
- Medicolegal expert, psychiatric care
In 2009, he created My Psychiatric Partner to provide better access to quality psychiatric care for individual patients, as well as health care centers and practices looking to provide specialty care to their patients on site.