Kara Reilly, MSN, APRN
Kara joined MPP in October, 2018. She believes successful psychiatric care is based on establishing trust and respect in the communication and collaboration between doctor and patient. Kara is committed to honesty and integrity, and is dedicated to determining and meeting each patient’s unique needs. She is empathetic and supportive, and encourages patients to get their health needs meet and strive for overall wellness. Kara feels the convenience of telepsychiatry helps communities access quality care that might not otherwise be available.
Kara practiced mental health and substance abuse treatment as a social worker and RN for the last eight years, prior to practicing as an Advanced Practice Nurse in Psychiatry. Her credentials include:
- Bachelors of Science in Psychology degree from The Ohio State University
- Masters in Social Work degree from University of Pittsburgh
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree from The Ohio State University
- Masters of Science in Advanced Practice Nursing degree, specializing in Psychiatric Mental Health, from The Ohio State University
- Clinical experience assessing and stabilizing acute psychiatric presentations at urban community mental health center